Tuesday 24 December 2013

SANTA CAME A LITTLE EARLY

Those of you who follow this blog will know that my novel, Ring of Lies, has been turned into an audiobook. Narrated by Michelle Ford and produced by Dave Giorgio,  it is now available from Audible and Amazon, and will soon be available from iTunes too.

Even though I regularly listen to audiobooks, and had read the book countless times myself, I hadn't realised how much work goes into making a really good listening experience.  It is an art form in its own right.  A good narrator must also be a skilled actor, and 'play' all the roles in the story, giving each character a different voice.  Just reading the words on the page is not suffice.  The narrator has to bring the characters to life so that you feel their happiness, their anxiousness, and even their pain. Those of you who have read the print version know that the story crosses International borders and includes characters from the UK, America, and Mexico.  Michelle handled the accents beautifully.

I must also thank Dave Giorgio of BookRite Books, for his sterling work in producing not only a crystal clear recording, but for also liaising with Audible to make the recording available in time for Christmas.

Finally, I would like to take the opportunity to wish all my readers and everybody who has attended one of my events and their families a Merry Christmas.  I appreciate all the support you have given me in 2013 and wish you a Happy and Prosperous 2014.

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment