Thursday 14 May 2015

Author Spotlight... Liz Fenwick

I am thrilled to have Liz Fenwick as a guest on my blog today.  Liz is the author of three must-read novels, The Cornish House, A Cornish Affair and A Cornish Stranger.  Her  fourth novel, Under A Cornish Sky has just been released by Orion, and I can say with all honesty, it is a fabulous read.

Liz very kindly took time out of her busy schedule to share some thoughts on why she finds the Cornish countryside so inspiring.




The land of myths and legends and, well, the land of Poldark…Cornwall is the setting for all my novels. I wish I could properly describe how the landscape inspires me but it’s something just out of reach. And to be honest I don’t want to investigate or question too much because it is touched with magic. 



I’m sure you have been to places that you have felt connected to…stood in awe looking out on a view. When I do that in Cornwall something twists and turns inside and story ideas begin to flow.



It can be the landscape or an old house or the sight of sailboat rounding a headland. Or it can be the blood moon casting its ghostly light through the bare branches of an oak tree. This timeless world provides the setting for my characters - to dance and cry, to break and heal, to lose love then find it again. After all who isn’t a little be in love with Cornwall and if not Cornwall then Ross Poldark?




You can find out more about Liz and her forth coming release, Under A Cornish Sky by visiting any of the following sites:


And her author page on Orion  



No comments:

Post a Comment